The Base – Butaro – Kidaho road in 63km long, crossing the Rulindo and Burera districts in the Northern Province of the country. It has connections to important community hubs including Butaro Hospital and the University of Global Health Equity. The road also accesses several tourism sites in the vicinity.
Improving connectivity and mobility between townships will become a catalyst for socio-economic development in the area, promoting agriculture development, cross border trade and new private investment opportunities for the tourism industry.
SMEC’s scope of work for Base-Butaro-Kidaho road upgrade includes:
- Project Management
- Construction supervision
- Reviewing and approving the updated design (done by the Contractor)
- Quality and progress control
- Supporting the Client and local authority during the land acquisition process
- Performance testing and commissioning
- Developing and implementing contract management systems
- Capacity building
The project is expected to be delivered over three to four years.